- 10-Apr-2017 to 09-Jun-2017 (MST)
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Full Time
Deseret Digital Media (DDM) is the online division of Deseret Media Companies that manages the digital assets of KSL.com, DeseretNews.com, OK.com and others. The sites collectively reach over 17M unique users and generate over 375M page views with 800M ad impressions each month. The organization has a unique mission- "To be trusted voices of light and knowledge reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide." KSL.com provides leadership that builds up, connects, informs and celebrates Utah's communities and families.
The Entry-level Multimedia Journalist will be motivated, deadline-driven, success-focused, and will join the news team running KSL.com, the most-visited local news website in the country. This in-house position will include weekend content management (7 a.m – 3 p.m. on Saturdays and Sunday) and writing shifts from Wednesday through Friday (1 p.m. – 10 p.m.).
This job will challenge you to:
• Write breaking news stories quickly and accurately
• Communicate clearly with newsroom team
• Pitch and write on-brand stories and features
• Publish and promote KSL.com stories through social media channels
• Build web stories using KSL content management tools
• Optimize story performance and hone news judgment using web analytics tools
You are the right fit if you:
• Have a minimum of 1 year of experience news writing, journalism, or web production
• Are well-versed in AP style writing
• Have a full online portfolio of your writing (a blog, links to published pieces, etc.)
• Are extremely detail-focused
• Won your high school spelling bee (ok, we're kidding, but if you can spot a typo a mile away, that's what we're looking for)
• Are self-motivated and deadline-driven
• Have the ability to work one of the shifts listed above, up to 40 hours per week in-house (no remote candidates will be considered)
What's in it for you?
• Wage of $16/hr
• Dynamic work environment
• Excellent opportunities for advancement
• Complimentary parking or UTA pass
• Free soda!
• Paid Holidays
• A rare chance for performance-driven, new media savvy professional who is interested in growing his or her career with a dynamic company.
This sounds perfect for me! Now what?
If this sounds like you, and you are interested in this position, please apply and attach your resume and cover letter, along with at least two writing samples or a link to your online portfolio. If writing samples are not attached, your application will not be considered.
Deseret Digital Media is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V