- 09-Feb-2017 to 10-Apr-2017 (MST)
- Deseret Connect
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
The DDM Content Studio is a hub for innovation and creativity. We reimagine storytelling in ways that support and enhance our various brands and partners. We're ramping up our efforts and are looking for someone with a gift for design to be an integral part of what we do. We expect you'll leave here with an impressive body of work to add to your already awesome portfolio.
This is a multi-faceted opportunity, not a fetch-me-a-diet-coke kind of internship. Our team is cross-trained to perform a variety of key creative tasks that include ideation, creation, distribution and analysis. We're looking for someone to help in all areas, while especially bringing their eye for design to the table.
So what will a typical day look like?
Well, there won't be one. On any given day you could be doing any number of the following or more:
- Design graphics and infographics for editorial and branded stories (from conception & research to fulfillment)
- Create & post memes & gifs on our various social media channels
- Write captivating articles to help engage and grow our audience
- Create graphic assets for video. These could be specific slides to be added by members of our video lab, or could be animated into video.
- Branding – such as logos – for video and non-video franchises & campaigns (internal and client products)
- Design and add art elements to articles
- Help us discover new and better ways to tell stories
- Learn our content management system and assist others in using it. You'll also have a chance to work with our large, remote pool of talented contributors from around the world.
- Dive into data. We'll expect you to dig into the numbers to see what works & what doesn't and make adjustments accordingly
- Be a great sport, but never beat the hiring manager in our highly competitive games of Boggle :)
Here are some you've-got-to-have-it qualifications:
- You thrive in a noisy, collaborative, interactive environment. We want someone to be a contributing part of the team
- You're an Adobe Creative Suite ninja.
- You're eager to understand the audience needs of our various websites, especially the FamilyShare Media Network.
- Air traffic controllers are jealous of your communication skills
- Your work ethic makes dairy farmers look lazy
- Your passion for news, features and current events makes Anderson Cooper look uninformed. We want someone who's able to identify social trends.
- You're comfortable mastering a new technology platform quickly
- Your creativity is as deep and limitless as the Wonderland rabbit hole of Katy Perry's crazy hairstylist
- You've completed or are working toward a BA/BS degree (design, communications, writing or related) or equivalent experience
And for bonus points:
- Fluency in After Effects a huge plus!
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred but not required
Punchin' the clock ... Most work is done Monday-Friday, 9-5, but sometimes weekend and evening work is necessary ' media never sleeps. The internship runs for either four or six months and is either part- or full-time, depending on a candidate's circumstances.
Pay: $10 an hour and the length of the internship will be determined by your semester
Successful candidates embrace DDM's mission statement, of which we're incredibly fond.
A winning team
Deseret Digital Media is the online division of Deseret Media Companies that manages the digital assets of KSL.com, DeseretNews.com, FamilyShare.com and its sister sites, among others. The sites collectively reach over 20M unique users and generate over 400M page views with 900M ad impressions each month. The mission of Deseret Digital Media is, "To be trusted voices of light and knowledge reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide."
Apply today by attaching your resume and a few samples of your work.