- 09-Feb-2017 to 10-Apr-2017 (MST)
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Full Time
The Gist of It
Are you the type that doesn't mind watching pre-roll YouTube ads because you love to analyze the advertisements? Do you want to model your career after Don Draper minus all the smoking? Think you could execute epic marketing strategies while taking and returning fire in a Nerf war? If you said yes to all of these questions, we might be a match made in marketer heaven.
Email is the Energizer Bunny of marketing channels. It's keeps going and going and going and we love to distribute our content through this channel. Here's what we are looking for in our Email Marketing Manager. Energetic: we want someone with a fire in the belly (yes, we just included "fire in the belly" in a job description) and a positive attitude to work within a performance culture. Innovative: even though email has been around since the digital stone age it continues to kick butt as marketing channel. So we need someone to take that ol' reliable and kick it up a notch; someone who can find new ways to dazzle our audience and make checking out our emails the first thing they think of when they get up in the morning. Creative: hey look most emails we all get puts us to sleep or makes us immediately put it in the trash. We need someone that can be so creative that the emails will reach out and slap our audience with well-needed, well-crafted messages. You'll be promoting a number of digital products and sites that reach both local and national audiences. Our favorite candidate will be a super good communicator, plays well with others, tells good jokes, and is a dead eye from 10 yards with a Nerf N-Strike Elite Strongarm.
Things We're Gonna Have You Do
- Work with the different teams to define the overall email marketing and customer experience strategy for brands that include KSL Deals, KSL Local and Utah.com
- Develop the email program including creative development coordination and ultimate email campaign execution
- Manage customer segmentation, testing and reporting performance analytics for all email communications We are data driven maniacs so if you don't like analyzing the numbers, this job may not be for you
- Develop the email calendar and testing schedule
- Prepare emails for deployment including tracking code implementation, A/B testing, quality assurance, HTML edits
- Provide research support such as survey data collection
Things We Expect You've Already Accomplished
- 1-3 years of email marketing experience
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or Communications preferred
- Experience with email marketing services and survey tools We use Bronto as our ESP so experience with that email platform is going to make you look real good.
Deseret Digital Media is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V