- 24-Jan-2017 to 25-Mar-2017 (MST)
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Full Time
Deseret Digital Media (DDM) is the online division of Deseret Media Companies that manages properties including KSL.com, DeseretNews.com, Utah.com and FamilyShare.com. The sites collectively reach over tens of millions of unique users and over 350 million page views each month. The organization has an uniquely values-based mission and seeks to be strategic to its owner The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. All candidates need to fully support the company's mission statement: "To be trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide."
DDM is currently seeking mid to senior level Software Engineers to work on the KSL Classifieds team. This position will report to the Director of Software Engineering for Marketplace e-Commerce.
The Software Engineers will be responsible for design, development, and maintenance of technology for the KSL.com under the Classifieds section. The ideal candidate needs to have experience with high traffic web sites, excellent communication skills, and be willing and excited to learn new skills and technologies.
At a minimum, you're a candidate if you can demonstrate:
- 2 or more years of current experience with web software development technologies and tools including:
- Must be performance driven, detailed and results oriented
- Willingness to learn new and emerging technologies
- Must be a strong team and individual motivator with a positive attitude who enjoys working with others. Ability to work independently in addition to collaborative work on large projects with team members, including stakeholders, product owners, designers, and other developers
- Goal-oriented person with high personal drive, integrity, and energy
- Bachelor's Degree with IT or CS related emphasis or equivalent work experience
- Maintenance of existing enterprise web applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication
It's a bonus if you:
- Experience working with front end technologies: React.js and ES6
- Experience working with back end technologies: Zend Framework and Vagrant
- Experience working with database and search technologies: MongoDB and Solr
- Experience working with mobile technologies: iOS, Android, React Native
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodology and use of issue tracking (Pivotal Tracker or similar) and source repository (git or similar) technologies
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and writing unit tests
- Experience optimizing and working with high traffic web sites using caching and scalability technologies
In addition to all the standard things that happen to be great at DDM (like competitive wages, opportunity for growth and advancement, stability, and super benefits)...
- We care about our contribution to the world. We not only care about the health of the business, we care about our impact on other humans. It's right in our mission statement more than once.
- We take work/life balance seriously. No, really. We do. We care about what we do and we expect the work to get done on time, but we know there are extremely, vitally important things about your life outside of work, and we want you to take those things just as seriously.
- Exceptional benefits, contributing 401(k) and retirement plan
This job is a great opportunity for a performance-driven, detail-oriented individual interested in a dynamic and growing organization. He or she should also be motivated by the organization's broader mission and be able to develop relationships with all members of the team. If this sounds like you, submit your resume today.
Deseret Digital Media is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V